Need a professional team photo? We’ve got two options to solve all your problems, including staff turnover, time constraints and more.
So you want a picture of your team, but you’re running into a few problems.
Maybe your team is growing or changing, and you expect to have new faces in the mix soon.
Maybe you run a small office, and you can’t afford to have the entire staff leave for a group portrait at the same time.
Maybe you’re not sure if this is your forever team, and you’re worried about turnover.
Regardless of the issue, we have a pretty great solution for you.
In fact, we have two choices for professional team photography, so you can pick the session that works uniquely for you.
Why Team Photos Matter
When you think of marketing strategies, a company team photo can be an easy thing to overlook, especially if your team changes throughout the year. But it’s also a critical piece of marketing. Here’s why:
- It creates the appearance of a united front. In marketing, they say: Show not tell. It means marketing is more effective when you can demonstrate your values instead of simply talking about them. A company team photo, for example, shows your audience that you work cohesively as a unit to serve every client on the highest level – without ever having to say a word.
- People want to see the face of the person they’re working with. A team photo is an easy way for customers to feel connected to your staff and your brand. Don’t underestimate the power that a genuine expression can have on a potential client’s decision to work with you. Sometimes it’s the thing that makes a difference.
- It shows people that you care. With a company team photo, you’re sending the message that you care enough to invest in your staff, and you’re proud of the people you’ve hired. And if you’re confident in your team’s abilities, then your clients can be, too.
Team Portrait Vs. Team Graphic
We offer two different Professional Portrait sessions for teams. Each session is designed to match your branding, make you look your best, and present a united front.
But they also have different pros and cons, and each one is right for a different kind of team.
How do you know which Professional Portrait Session is right for you?
Start by asking yourself a few questions:
- Is your team growing or changing right now? Do you expect changes to your team in the next six months?
- Is your team committed to coming to the studio as a group?
- How much time do you and your team have to dedicate to your photography session?
As you consider those questions, let’s dive into the details.
The Team Portrait Session
Our Professional Team Portrait Session is just like a typical Professional Portraits Session at SchlickArt Studios – except we’re photographing your team instead of one person. Here’s how it works: You book a session time, and the entire team shows up with their hair, makeup and wardrobe ready. Your photographer will pose you as a group, and you can pick your winning shot as a team, with the expert eye of your photographer guiding you. It’s a fun session that brings everyone together in the studio to have a good time and get some marketing done.
- A team portrait positions your staff as a united front, and it tells people that you work together to get the job done. It shows commitment and longevity as a team.
- Everyone on the team gets to be in the studio together. It’s a great opportunity to plan a team-building day and go to lunch or dinner afterward, especially since everyone is already dressed in their best.
- This is our more affordable option for team photos. It requires the least amount of editing when everyone comes in at one time and poses together.
- With this traditional style of portraiture, you cannot remove or add team members. Once the image is shot, we can only retouch the people who are in it. If your team changes, you will have to schedule a new shoot.
- The whole team needs to be present at once, which means you might need to close the office for the duration of the shoot. If time is money for you and your team, then you need to prepare to lose some time as a team.
It’s Right For You If …
- Your team is more like a family – you’re stuck together like glue.
- You have a small team or partnership, such as 2-4 people.
- Closing up shop for an hour or two won’t affect your business in a significant way.
The Team Graphic Session
This special SchlickArt session was created as a solution to an all-too-common problem for business owners: staff turnover. We all experience it in our businesses, and it can be hard to predict. Too many times, in fact, we’ve seen teams come in to shoot their group portrait – only to have someone leave or join the team in a matter of weeks.
That’s exactly why we created the Professional Team Graphic Session. How does it work? Well, we start by shooting super high-quality headshots of each individual team member, all on the same background. Now each team member has their own headshot. Next, we Photoshop the individual images together, so they appear as if they’re standing in a group. This approach requires a few tricks – a seamless backdrop, some skilled editing, and a high-quality headshot – but it works like a dream! Most importantly, you can switch out any individual or add new people any time you want. And you do NOT need to schedule a reshoot!
- We can easily add or remove team members as your staff grows and changes, without ever scheduling a reshoot.
- There are two ways to schedule this session. You can have the entire team schedule their shoots in shifts on the same day. Or you could have the team schedule their shoots on their own time, so you never even have to worry about the scheduling. This is a great option for a team of people who have very different or busy schedules. Either way, you’re never leaving your office completely empty.
- This session also creates more marketing content than a typical Team Portrait Session because each team member walks away with their own professional headshot. (This is a great option if you’re building a website and need headshots for the About Us page.) Additionally, you can create different configurations of your team, too. For example, we could create a group shot of just your leadership team, customer service team, admin team, etc. Once we have the individual headshots, we can mix and match however you like.
- Your entire team won’t be in the studio together at the same time. If you were planning a team-building day, then you might want to wait until the end of the day to celebrate with a team dinner.
- Since the Team Graphic requires some intensive editing time, as well as individual headshots, the price point is higher than a traditional Team Portrait Session. However, if you have to reshoot your Team Portrait multiple times, sometimes the Team Graphic can actually be the less costly option.
It’s Right For You If …
- You expect your team to grow or change anytime in the next six months.
- You need a lot of visual content for your website, social media, blog, newsletters, etc.
- Your time is precious, and so is your team’s.
Have questions? Give us a call. We can help you figure out the best option for you and your team.
Marketing Photography in Santa Clarita
When it comes to marketing photography, our goal is simple: We want you to walk away feeling like you have the best headshots in Santa Clarita. That’s why we’ve designed a line of Marketing Photography Sessions that are custom-made to make you happy. How do we do that? Simple. We pay attention to you, your needs and your business. We take the time to create a photography experience – we don’t just point, shoot and send you on your way. We bring our visual marketing background to every session, to help you make smart choices in wardrobe, appearance, posing and expression.
Visual Marketing In Santa Clarita
At SchlickArt, we offer more than photography and video services to the Santa Clarita area and beyond. We do our best to provide our clients with marketing expertise and direction every chance we get. We know you need your images and video to help grow your business — that’s why you invest in them, and that’s why we do, too. Please take a minute to search through our blogs to find the visual marketing information that will help your business, or give us a call. We’re happy to help!
About SchlickArt Photography and Video
SchlickArt, a boutique photo and video studio in Santa Clarita, started in March 2012 with the simple idea that empowerment creates a kind of beauty and authenticity that shines through every camera lens. Built on a philosophy — rather than a product, service or person — SchlickArt has rapidly evolved, meeting professional portraiture, business photo and business video needs as diverse as the community we capture. It’s the desire to take care of you, the client, that drives us at SchlickArt.