Implementing a visual marketing strategy is easier said than done. That’s why we put together this list of free visual marketing resources that will help you crush your goals in 2019 with ease.
In the past couple weeks, we’ve talked about the latest trends in visual marketing, and we gave you a plan to put them into action in the New Year. Now, as you get ready to implement these new marketing strategies in 2019, we wanted to share the tips, tools and free visual marketing resources available to help make this process as streamlined and easy as possible — because we all know grand plans are just plans unless we make them easy enough to actually implement into our busy daily routines.
Here is your guide to all the apps, tools, websites and visual marketing resources you’ll need to launch your wildest marketing dreams.
By now, I’m sure you know we’re big fans of planning ahead. Even if planning isn’t your forte, these educational resources will help you get excited about all the things that are possible with your visual content.
- SchlickArt’s Visual Marketing Presentation: We offer a complimentary presentation to all Santa Clarita businesses, during which we teach your team how to create beautiful photos and videos with their phones, and a few simple tools. To schedule a presentation at your office, give us a call.
- #TheSchlickArtBlog: We have a ton of information about visual marketing, photography and video on our blog. If there’s a question we haven’t answered, let us know!
- YouTube Creator Academy: YouTube offers a wealth of free information, articles and tips for video marketing through its Creator Academy.
- HubSpot Academy: Marketing giant HubSpot also offers a free academy for marketers and business owners to complete lessons, courses and even certifications in all forms of marketing, including this guide to video marketing.
- Canva Learn: Learn how to turn your professional portraits and lifestyle shots into powerful marketing graphics with Canva Learn. Your social media will never be the same.
Once you’ve gotten your feet wet with some free online marketing education, it’s time to put those ideas into action. Here are a few visual marketing resources to create photos, graphics, memes and more — for free and with ease.
- Free Design Apps: Once you’ve got your photos, you may want to add text or logos to them before you post them on social media. Apps like Adobe Spark, Canva, Word Swag and Ripl let you create whatever you can imagine: add quotes, pop in your logo, write a call to action, you name it!
- Stock Photos: Even if you have a full set of gorgeous professional portraits, sometimes you still need a bit more in the photo department, especially if you create a lot of content on a regular basis. Get the most out of your professional photos by adding some stock photos every once in a while. However, it’s important to understand that taking any image, meme or graphic from Google without giving proper credit to its creator is a copyright infringement. Seriously. That’s why we suggest using these free stock photo sources instead: Pexels, Pixabay, Unsplash and Burst.
- Color Codes: When adding quotes and other text to your photos, you may want to stick with your branding or color schemes. For example, you might want to match your text to the exact blue color of your jacket, so the whole graphic looks uniform and professional. Image Color Picker allows you to upload an image and click on the color you like, and it will give you the HEX color code, which you can use in Adobe Spark or Canva to recreate the exact colors in your photo. Just upload, click, copy and paste.
Since video is a relatively new development in marketing, there’s still a lot about the video world that us business owners need to learn. Sometimes, it can seem endless. To help you sort through the noise, here are a few visual marketing resources that answer the most common questions we hear when it comes to video marketing.
- Video Captions: “How do I get captions on my video?” A study by Digiday reported that 85% of Facebook users watch videos with the sound off; therefore, captions are incredibly important if you want to increase your views. Check out this article to add captions to Facebook videos and this one to add captions to YouTube videos. If you need help with this process, you know where to find us!
- Video Promotion: “What do I do with my videos once I have them?” It’s a bit overwhelming once you have this gorgeous video in your hands. How do you actually decide how to best use it? That’s what this blog is all about.
- Video Scripting: “What do I say?” We get it. The camera can be an intimidating lens to stare into, and it can even make you forget your words entirely. That’s why we wrote this blog to help you find exactly the right words when you need them.
Ask For Help
If you find yourself stuck with any of these strategies, tools or visual marketing resources, you know where to find us! We’re happy to answer questions, and we also offer a one-on-one coaching session to teach you how to produce social media photos and video with just your phone. Interested? Give us a call.
About Our Santa Clarita Business Videos
SchlickArt Business Video Sessions are story-driven films about your business, non-profit, product or service. Our goal is to discover your ‘why’ — the true reason you do what you do. Our specialty is telling stories, and we believe communicating your story is the best way to build your brand. We can’t wait for you to see how the world notices when you take the time to tell your authentic story.
About Our Santa Clarita Photography Services
With the mind of a businesswoman and the heart of an adventurer, Lindsay began to conceive of a different kind of Santa Clarita photography business. In her vision, stepping in front of the camera could be an empowering experience that gave her clients more than just a photograph — it would give people a new way of seeing themselves. With an eye for seeing the beauty in life and in others, Lindsay could use the camera to spread beauty.
About SchlickArt Photography and Video, Your Source For Free Visual Marketing Resources
SchlickArt, a boutique photo and video studio in Santa Clarita, started in March 2012 with the simple idea that empowerment creates a kind of beauty and authenticity that shines through every camera lens. Built on a philosophy — rather than a product, service or person — SchlickArt has rapidly evolved, meeting professional portraiture, business photo and business video needs as diverse as the community we capture. It’s the desire to take care of you, the client, that drives us at SchlickArt.