Since we’ve expanded our headshot sessions, you may be wondering: Which is the right session for me, in-studio or on location? Here’s everything you need to know to book the perfect headshot session.
As the end of the year approaches, it’s the perfect time to start thinking about your visual marketing. Why, you ask? Everyone else won’t start thinking about it until January. So when 2019, rolls around, you’ll be months ahead of the game.
If a refreshed headshot is on your list of marketing goals for the new year, then now is the time to start planning.
When do you need to refresh your headshot?
Generally, a headshot should be refreshed every 3-4 years, to keep your look current and updated. However, if you make a drastic change to your look before then, you’ll want to update it sooner. For example, changing your hair color, growing a beard or losing a significant amount of weight changes your look enough that it should be reflected in your visual marketing.
If you change jobs, as well, you may need an updated headshot, especially if your work attire has changed with it. Making a career change from a bank executive to a lifestyle blogger, for example, would call for a new look and feel in your headshots.
If you fall in any of these categories, it may be time for a refreshed headshot, so the next question becomes: What type of headshot is right for me and my business?
Headshot Session: In-Studio Professional Portraiture
Our most classic and versatile session, in-studio professional portraiture is perfect for pretty much any need. You can dress it up or dress it down, and you have complete control of your look in a studio setting. Here are a few things to keep in mind about our classic SchlickArt Professional Portrait Session:
- Full hair and makeup is available for in-studio professional portraiture.
- We have a choice of colored backdrops available to match your branding.
- While the appointment takes about two hours, we’re only shooting for a portion of that time. After the shoot, we will sit down together and pick out your final portraits the same day.
- The turnaround time is 10-14 business days, to receive your fully retouched and sized images.
Headshot Session: On-Location Cityscapes
Our SchlickArt Cityscape Professional Portrait Session, which we launched this past January, is our on-location headshot session. Available at two locations — the Westfield Valencia Town Center and Main Street in Downtown Newhall — our outdoor headshot session provides a local backdrop for professionals who focus their career and volunteer work in our beautiful hometown.
- This shoot is only available at two locations: Westfield Valencia Town Center or Main Street in Downtown Newhall.
- In order to get the best natural lighting, these shoots are scheduled at for 7 a.m.
- Call times for this shoot cannot be moved to a later time because, as the day goes on, the streets become busier, and we are less likely to capture a clean outdoor headshot with no one in the background.
- Since these shoots start so early, hair and makeup is not available through SchlickArt.
- To choose your photos, we’ll book a follow-up appointment to view your photos and choose the best ones for your needs.
- Once you’ve chosen your photos, you’ll receive your fully retouched and properly sized images within 10-14 business days.
The Best SchlickArt Headshot Session For You
After you’ve looked at the difference in turnaround times, as well as hair and makeup options, you can decide which is the best shoot for you and your brand. Then, the most important thing is to get your headshots done before you think you’ll need them. There’s nothing worse than desperately needing a new headshot for an unexpected honor or media opportunity — and getting caught with a 10-year-old image.
Get your marketing ready for the new year now — not once it arrives.
About SchlickArt Photography and Video
SchlickArt, a boutique photo and video studio in Santa Clarita, started in March 2012 with the simple idea that empowerment creates a kind of beauty and authenticity that shines through every camera lens. Built on a philosophy — rather than a product, service or person — SchlickArt has rapidly evolved, meeting professional portraiture, business photo and business video needs as diverse as the community we capture. It’s the desire to take care of you, the client, that drives us at SchlickArt.