Summer is right around the corner. Whether that makes your schedule lighter or busier, there’s plenty of opportunity to make the most of this seasonal change.
Can you believe it?! Summer is right around the corner!
For moms, dads, students or anyone who’s affected by school calendars, this means your schedule is about to see a major shift.
Maybe you’ll have more downtime with the kiddos home from school (buh-bye school drop-offs). Or maybe life gets more hectic as you juggle remote work hours and child care at the same time (hello screen time).
Even if you don’t have school-aged kids, the summer season could mean that business slows down a bit, giving you the time to work on major marketing projects that typically get pushed aside.
After all, the busiest time of the year – Thanksgiving and the holiday season – starts to gear up as soon as summer is over.
Long story short: We’re approaching a pivotal point in the year.
Regardless of how your schedule is affected, now is the time to start planning your big moves for the rest of the year – including your photo and video needs.
That way, you can make the most out of your time, and hit the ground running in the second half of the year.
Here’s our best tips for making the most of what’s left of 2022 … based on your plans, your schedule, and your goals.
If You Have More Time …
If summer means you’ll have more time in business or at home, then we have a few ideas to make your life easier from now until 2023.
- Plan a lifestyle marketing photography session that will capture you in many different looks. Creating a full set of these social-media-ready images will give you everything you need to meet your marketing needs for the second half of the year. Plus, it will get this task off your list and put your marketing on auto-pilot before things get super busy. (P.S. If you’re interested in an early-morning Cityscapes Session, then book it for the summer, while you don’t have to worry about school drop-offs.)
- Use this time to create these three foundational marketing videos that every website needs to convert browsers into buyers. In fact, studies show that a landing page video can increase conversions by 80% or more. Plus a home page video can increase traffic by 157%, according to Buffer.com. Once created, they can live on your website for years, attracting more and more views over time. Don’t miss out on these powerful results simply because of timing.
- Update your website with fresh portraits of your team. This is an easy project that makes a big impact. In fact, we’ve designed a unique system that makes this as easy as possible, by capturing headshots for your entire team while also creating a group shot at the same time. It streamlines the process and gives you everything you need for an “About Us” section on your website that’s as beautiful and professional as a top-tier brand should be.
- Create video now that you can use for the rest of the year. For example, if you have typical sales or specials every holiday season, why wait until Thanksgiving to start creating them? A promotional video increases response significantly, and it could be just the thing to tip your sales over the mark this year, especially if your audience isn’t used to seeing you on video. Don’t need a promo video? Sign up for a video subscription during the summer, and create a ton of video content that you can bank for the rest of the year. Trust us, you’ll be so glad you did come December.
- If you typically experience a summer slowdown, use that time to launch the video podcast you’ve been dreaming of! Creating a new show is no small task, and there’s a good amount of work that needs to be completed up front. So the summer slowdown is the perfect time to get to work and maximize your time. You could even create a bank of episodes and launch in January 2023 with half a season ready to go.
- One of the best ways to use this time is to book a family portrait session while everyone is home, and you don’t have to plan around school schedules, sports and extracurricular activities. This makes things easier for Mom and Dad, and it also gives kids something to do during the doldrum days of summer.
- If you have a little more time to yourself than normal, then it’s time to schedule that boudoir shoot you’ve always dreamed of! Whether you’re taking advantage of that summer bod, or working on your tan, summer is the perfect time to relax and enjoy the experience as you plan every sexy detail of a boudoir shoot.
- Maybe you’ve always wanted to gift your boudoir session to your partner – but the holidays are too busy, and their birthday is too hectic. This summer, solve that problem by booking the session now. You can still use it as a holiday gift (check out #1 in this list), or you can save it for another special occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary present. You’ll have the best gift ever, and it’ll be done months in advance!
- Take advantage of that summer glow with a glamour session that reminds you just how beautiful you really are. Every once in a while, one of those special summers comes around where you’re feeling great – or you find yourself in a place where you need to feel that way again. Glamour sessions are perfect for those transformational moments in life, when you’re ready to step into the full power of being you.
- This one’s for the dads out there. If Mom is going to spend summer chasing after kids, cleaning the house, and trying to remain calm, then why not gift her a day off with a luxurious Mom Is Fabulous Session? Designed to make her feel special and beautiful, this session is meant to revive Mom when she’s on her last limb. Don’t forget to reward the moms who make summer easier for everyone else!
If You Have Less Time …
If the summer season means you have less time in business or at home, then here are a few ideas to maximize your time and plan ahead. After all, just because things are busy doesn’t mean they also have to be hard.
- Need more marketing content? Squeeze in a headshot session or quick video now – before the kids are out for summer. Then, when you’re at your busiest, we’ll be working hard on the edits. By the time you need your content, it will be sitting in your inbox waiting for you!
- Schedule a marketing shoot at your business location, so you can capture marketing images without ever leaving your office. This is a great way to create new content without interrupting your schedule. We come to you, and we capture you while you do your thing. There will be some direction and interruptions, but it’s a streamlined version of our in-studio sessions.
- Book your team portrait now, but schedule it for the fall, giving everyone months in advance to prepare. You’ll get less pushback from the team if they have time to prepare, and it will be easier to coordinate everyone’s schedules when you’re doing it months in advance.
- Use a video subscription to create more content with less time. For example, let’s say you sign up for a video subscription that creates four videos per month, with one monthly shoot date. Each month, you can pass those videos off to your team, who can use them as the basis for more content. They can break each video into short snippets for social media, transcribe them into blogs for your website, send them out in your email newsletter, organize them into an online course, or even transcribe and compile them up into chapters for a book. The options are endless once you create the starting point with video.
- Don’t have time to show up on camera? Create video content that features other people, such as your staff or your clients. By highlighting your staff, you help people get to know the people on your team, and by bringing in your clients, you can create testimonial videos you can use for the rest of the year. It’s a great way to create content that you can use all year long, without too much time and effort on your end.
- If these are your last few weeks of peace at home, then take advantage of it! Book yourself one of our Fabulous Sessions (Boudoir, Family Is Fabulous, Mom Is Fabulous) and get the “me time” you deserve before your schedule becomes all about the kids. Take a moment for you before you have to start prioritizing everyone else – even more than you already do.
- Plan your family shoot for the holidays now. Book your date for September, when the weather is beautiful but the busy season hasn’t started yet. Plan your outfits, book your haircuts, and get everything in order. That way, when the time comes for your shoot, it’s all taken care of. All you have to do is show up looking fabulous.
- If you’ve always wanted to do a 25 Days of SchlickArt Boudoir Session as a gift for your lover, then start planning it now. Over time, you can carefully pick your wardrobe, collect some new pieces, get yourself to a really healthy place, and even save up – so you can purchase what you want without guilt. Plus, you’ll have your honey’s holiday gift sorted before summer’s even over.
- Take advantage of our one-time-only Family Portrait Pop Up Sessions by Sonja. These special sessions bring something new and fresh to your typical family portraits, such as a new location or a seasonal backdrop. But they’re also condensed sessions that save you time. You can take a few quick shots of your kids, do a complete family portrait, or choose both. This is family portraiture for busy parents who don’t want to sacrifice quality, even though time is tight.
- Gift a Fabulous Session to someone in your life who needs a reminder of her beauty! This could be your wife, mom, sister or friend. If an important woman in your life is coming up on a birthday during your busiest time of the year, spoil her with a Fabulous Session – and take care of her present early. Sounds like a win-win to us.
Visual Marketing In Santa Clarita
At SchlickArt, we offer more than photography and video services to the Santa Clarita area and beyond. We do our best to provide our clients with marketing expertise and direction every chance we get. We know you need your images and video to help grow your business — that’s why you invest in them, and that’s why we do, too. Please take a minute to search through our blogs to find the visual marketing information that will help your business, or give us a call. We’re happy to help!
About Our Santa Clarita Family Photography
Our SchlickArt Family Sessions by Sonja are the perfect way to capture your family’s legacy while still enjoying the magic of a luxury SchlickArt photo shoot. We really take care of Mom in this special pampering session, giving her the full treatment with red-carpet hair and makeup services and custom posing instruction. By making sure the entire family is having fun, we help Mom relax and have a great time, too. We take care of everything, so you can walk away with a set of gorgeous family photos that you’ll cherish for generations to come.
Boudoir Photography in Santa Clarita
SchlickArt’s boudoir style is as light, bright and beautiful as the smile on your face when you see your final images. We use natural light photography and stylized posing instruction, as well as an incredible selection of backdrops, lush furniture and gorgeous sets. Our images are retouched to perfection – making you look like you on your very best day. If you’re looking for boudoir in the Santa Clarita or Los Angeles areas, our 25 Days of SchlickArt Boudoir Sessions are the perfect way to capture how beautiful, sexy and confident you already are. This is Santa Clarita boudoir photography at its finest.
About SchlickArt Photography and Video
SchlickArt, a boutique photo and video studio in Santa Clarita, started in March 2012 with the simple idea that empowerment creates a kind of beauty and authenticity that shines through every camera lens. Built on a philosophy — rather than a product, service or person — SchlickArt has rapidly evolved, meeting professional portraiture, business photo and business video needs as diverse as the community we capture. It’s the desire to take care of you, the client, that drives us at SchlickArt.